Highland Park Valknut
- Valknut is a special edition whisky – the second in the series of three VIKING LEGEND releases.
- Crafted by Gordon Motion, our Master Whisky Maker.
- Valknut means ‘knot of those slain in battle’.
- Its symbol of three interlinked triangles appear on lots of artefacts from the Viking age.
- According to legend, those Vikings who had met honourable death were marked out by the symbol and spirited away by the Valkyries to Valhalla to join Odin’s mighty army to prepare for Ragnarok, the battle of the end of the world.
- The flavour profile of Valknut is intensely balanced – matured predominantly in American oak with aslightly higher percentage of peat, compared to Valkyrie, which enhances its sweeter notes.
- It also uses a small amount of locally grown Tartan barley which adds to its smokier edge.
You might also be interested in: